Lasko 1843 18" Remote Control Cyclone Pedestal Fan Review
The Lasko 1843 pedestal fan is the best seller in the Pedestal section of their own manufacturer's website. Usually when you see that a product like this is selling so well, it comes down to having two things; good price, and good quality. That is exactly the case with this Lasko remote control cyclone fan.
For just under $40, this is a black coloured fan, that is packed with some very useful features.
Short Summary Review of the Lasko 1843 Pedestal Fan
This nutshell review should help us get straight to the point why many thousands of people buy this model in particular. The average price for this type of product is typically £50-100 for a good quality choice. This one sneaks in at just under $40.
Buyers like to get a bargain as long as it can maintain a high enough satisfaction rating from buyers. This one rates overall at 80% buyer satisfaction, and that has remained consistent for a number of years. It is not an all singing and all dancing, but does all the basics well, and has the important useful features, such as the remote control and a 1-4 hour timer.
How Buyers Rate the Lasko 1843 Model
When considering a purchase, it is always a good idea to check out the actual real life buyer reviews. Those are the most important as they are from people who have bought the product, used it and then taken the time to leave their opinion.
Overall buyers, and there are almost 1,500 online buyer reviews to base this on, have rated this one with an average 80% buyer satisfaction. The fact that there are so many reviews also shows that this particular 1843 model from Lasko sells really well.
- 56% of all buyers gave this model a full 5 star review
- 10% of all buyers gave this one a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Lasko 1843 Pedestal Fan
So we know so far, that the price is good value and is cheaper than many other models of pedestal fans. We also know that generally speaking buyers rate this fan really well. There are a small number of complaints, but all things considered, they are low.
Now let's have a look at what those same buyers actually have to say about this particular fan. We have summarised those in a "pros and cons table" just below.
- Does move the air around really well
- The adjustable sleep timer is really handy
- It does have a background noise to it, but most buyers were happy enough with that
- Most buyers found it easy enough to take the front grill off for cleaning purposes, but some buyers said that this task was fiddly
- The remote control is useful, but it does not have a very long range
- The blades are made of plastic
- Some buyers said the fan wobbled on the higher setting
Lasko 1843 Specification
- Simple and easy to put together
- Has a programmable timer that you can set for 1, 2 or 4 hours and handy if being used when going to bed and you want the fan to turn off when you are asleep
- It comes with a remote control which can be very useful. but does require 2 AAA batteries for it to work
- Has a useful tilt back feature
- Measures 20.5 x 20.5 x 54 inches
- Weighs 9.8 pounds
- Has plastic blades
- It does oscillate and this feature can be controlled with the remote
- The height can be adjusted
Video Review of the Lasko 1843
Sometimes it is easier to simply see a video of the product. That gives you a better understanding of what you might be buying. We searched around, and believe that we have found one of the better ones. Hopefully you will find that very useful.
Summary & Verdict on the Lasko 1843 Model
This is a basic pedestal type fan, that does exactly what it is supposed to do. The timer is very useful as is the remote control, and these are both good features.
This is not a high end fan as it is essentially made of plastic, including the blades. It is however functional and the plastic allows the manufacturer to keep the price down.
Ir certainly can quickly cool down a room or any space, and that it is the main purpose of these types of fans. Taking the cage off to clean it can be fiddly, but this is not something you have to do every week.
If this is not the fan for you, then why not check out our top 10 list of pedestal fans, by clicking right here. This Lasko 1843 model is however one of the cheapest available. It also gets good overall ratings without being exceptional.
It is certainly easy and fast to assemble. The low and medium speeds, we believe, will be more than enough for most users. The higher speed is good for a quick blast if you need that initially to cool a room down.