Lasko 1820 18″ Elegance & Performance Adjustable Pedestal Fan Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our review of the very popular 18″ Elegance & Performance Adjustable Pedestal Fan. This is a very popular choice for many buyers online thanks to its affordable price, usually available for less than $35. This is a good choice for anyone who wants an affordable pedestal fan.
We would class this model as a very good basic pedestal fan with none of the frills.
This model has the 3 common settings which are low, medium and high. As the names would suggest these simply change the speed of the fan blades, which in turn changes the speed of the air flow.
There are not a lot of features on this fan, which means that there is not really that much that can go wrong with it. It only needs a little quick assembly by attaching the base mount to the extension pipe, fan blades and grill and you're done.
Please note that this fan does not have a remote control and it does not have a timer.
LASKO BRAND INFORMATION
Lasko was founded in 1906 by Henry Lasko in Philadelphia. The brand started its journey in a small shop and now distributes innovative products to people around the world.
According to their brand page, "Lasko is proud to be an American made company, established in the same city where the Declaration of Independence was signed. In the spirit of America, we believe in hard work, innovation, and upholding a standard of excellence."
Lasko 1820 Fan Images
Just below you will find some images of this model so as you can see what it looks like. You can click on any of the images to see a larger version of them.
Lasko 1820 18″ Pedestal Fan Video Review
We searched around online to see if we could find a good informative video review of the Lasko 4924. Please check out the video just below as we found it to be very short and helpful.
How Buyers Rate the Lasko 1820 Fan?
53% of all buyers rated this fan with a full 5 stars
11% of all buyers gave this one a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Lasko 1820?
Now we know how online buyers rate this Lasko pedestal fan. In this section we examine what buyers have to say about the fan, and their experience when using it.
- 53% of all buyers gave this fan a 5 star review
- Most buyers said this was a very powerful fan and created a great white noise for sleeping
- Buyers liked the larger 18" blades as they stated it created a mush better airflow
- Buyers say that this takes about 5 minutes to put together
- Easy to clean as the guard is easy to remove
- 11% of all buyers gave this fan a bad review
- A few buyers said it stopped working after a few months and had to be returned
- Some buyers had problems assembling the guard
Lasko 1820 Specification
Many potential buyers like to know the full specification and the technical details of any product before they make a final buying decision. We have provided that specification below so as you know all the details about this fan.
- Measures 20.5 x 20.5 x 54.5 inches
- The base is 21" in diameter
- Weighs 8 lbs
- Has 3 settings low, medium and high
- The grill and the blades are made of plastic
- Uses 1,820 watts on the highest setting
- Suitable for 100 Volts
Our Verdict on the Lasko 1820 18″ Elegance & Performance Adjustable Pedestal Fan
- The buyer satisfaction rating of 78% is solid and has remained around that rating for a few years so dependable to use
- This is a good basic pedestal fan that most certainly pumps up the air circulation
- The vast majority of buyers are happy enough with the noise levels and those who need white noise for sleeping particular like this model
- There are no frills with this fan other than it has 3 speeds, oscillates and the head can be tilted
- There is no remote control and no timing functions
In summary we would say that the Lasko 1820 is about as basic as you can get when it comes to owning a pedestal fan. As we have mentioned there are no frills and as such little to go wrong with it. All you have to do is pick which speed to use, turn the oscillation on or off, and adjust the angle of the head to suit your purposes.
The guard can be removed for easy cleaning.
It is made by a well known American heating and cooling brand with good customer service support.
It is not suitable for someone who wants to be able to use a remote control or set the fan up on a timer, as neither of these two features is available on this particular Lasko model.