Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8-Speed Whole-Room Tower Fan Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our review on one of the best selling tower fans. That is the Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8-Speed whole room tower fan, and it really is a very popular choice for many buyers online.
This model is an 8-speed tower fan and the Honeywell brand has included their own special technology known as "QuietSet technology." This is exclusive to the Honeywell brand, and this technology lets the owner control the sound and cooling options. That does give the customer much more control, and makes it a good choice for all year around use.
The majority of online buyers state that this HYF290B model state that generally speaking this model is a slim and pretty contemporary design, that will look good in any modern home.
The controls are touch button which does make it pretty easy to use. However you can also do almost all of this by using a remote control which comes with this particular Honey well fan. It also has a very useful timer and it oscillates.
Honeywell HYF290B Images
Just below we have included a few images of this fan so as you can see exactly what you are getting for your money. As you can see this is a very good looking fan that will suit most style of homes.
Honeywell HYF290B Video Review
We have also included a video review of the HYF290B model which you may find useful. It only lasts a minute and gives you a very good overview of the key features.
Below you will find a more detailed review of this best selling Honeywell fan. However, this is a long article so if you don't have time to read all of it, then we have provided a link below, where you can check out the availability of this fan over at Amazon.
Detailed Review of the Honeywell HYF290B Quietset 8-Speed Whole-Room Tower Fan
Hopefully our introductory section has been able to provide you with a very good overview of what this tower fan can do, and will have helped you decide if this is the right one for you. In this section we get into a lot more detail about this Honeywell fan, and we explain how buyers rate this one overall, and what they have to say about it.
In this section we explain:
- How buyers rate this fan
- What buyers have to say about this fan
- The fan specification
- The key features
- Our verdict and opinion
How Buyers Rate this Honeywell HYF290B Tower Fan
- 56% of buyers gave this a full 5 star review
- 13% of buyers gave this fan a bad review
Just below we will explain how these ratings came about. This is not the highest rating and we generally like to see these above 80%. However given the number of units that this has sold, it is understandable that the rating is sitting in and around this level.
What Buyers Say About this Honeywell HYF290B Fan
You can see from the above how online buyers actually rate this fan. Underneath we explain the advantages and disadvantages of this fan. We found the easiest way to do this was in the form of a pros and cons table, which we have included below.
- There are a lot of reviews and that always means that there are a lot of online buyers
- Buyers say this is a good fan if you want a breeze without a lot of noise
- Buyers liked the range of settings on the fan as it allowed them a great deal of control
- Buyers said the oscillation radius on this fan was wide enough to help circulate the air through the room
- 13% of online buyers gave this a bad review and that is higher than many other fans
- Buyers said this was a very quiet fan but that it just didn't have enough power for their needs
- Buyers said it would be OK for a small room but not suitable for a larger room
- Some buyers say this has a low rumble noise on the lowest setting
Honeywell HYF290B Fan Specification
Many people considering buying a product like to know the full technical specification, so we have included that just below. We have also added in some helpful comments on why some features are important.
- Measures 10.75 x 8.23 x 32.83 in
- Weighs 10.21 lbs
- Color: Black
- 8 Speeds
- 1, 2, 4 & 8 Hour Auto Shut-Off Timer
- Has an LED display and Touch Button Electronic Controls
- Dimming feature – 5 lighting selections – On 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% and 0% off
- It has a really good oscillation
- Comes with a remote control
- Easy set up and no tools assembly.
Honeywell HYF290B Key Features
In this section we like to focus on the key features of this fan, and explain why they should be considered in more detail. This is of course based on the customer feedback that has been received about this popular Honeywell fan.
Feature 1 - Settings
Buyers clearly liked the full range of fan settings and on this there are eight of them. That means you have good strict options with your air speed. On the low setting it can be used overnight in the bedroom. On setting 4 you get a white noise effect which many people like. The higher settings are good for quickly cooling down a room.
This is not a fan that we would recommend for bigger rooms though, as according to many buyers, the air flow is not strong enough to do that. For small ro medium sized rooms, this one seems to work well.
Feature 2 - Remote Control
For some buyers this is an essential thing to have with a fan. It does mean that you can control the fan from the comfort of your own chair. There is also a holder for this fan on the fan itself and that will help stop getting it lost.
Feature 3 - Fan Strength
The strength of the fan is of course very important. For most people they want a strong fan. This one is not very strong, even on the highest setting. Just be aware of that if you are thinking of using this in a large room.
Our Verdict on the Honeywell HYF290B Tower Fan
- By now we have provided all of the information about this Honeywell fan. It does sell a lot and there are very good reasons for that.
- It has plenty of interesting and useful features
- Having the remote control is important for many potential buyers
- There are better quality fans on the market, but based on the price, this one does represent very good value for money
- The brand is very well known in the air cooling space
- Overall buyers liked the range of settings as it gave them a lot of control.
It isn't a good choice, according to buyers, for larger rooms but performs well in small to medium sized rooms. Compared to other fans this one is quieter than most.