Cheap Ceiling Fans Reviews
Thanks for taking the time to read our reviews on the cheapest ceiling fans. As you may be aware ceiling fans are a quick and easy option to quickly cool down a room. The fact that they are wired into and hung from a ceiling means they do not take up valuable floor space.
The biggest problem for many people though is the price points for these types of fans. The price range for ceiling fans is anything between $70-300 depending on what style you want, and also what features you want to have on the fan itself. When we talk about features on a ceiling fan, we are referring to features such as remote control working, lighting, the quality of the blades, the size of the blades etc.
The key point though is that many people buy one of these mainly based on how it will look in their room. For example they may want a ceiling fan with blades made from cherry wood, as that matches the decor of that room. That is of course a good thing to do, but cherry wood is not cheap, and you will pay a great deal more.
If you need a ceiling fan that is cheap, you will have to compromise on the features on the fan, and will also have to compromise on the materials it is made from. That will include features such as the number of the blades, the light fixture style and the range of speeds and things like the fan having reversible airflow.
Cheap Ceiling Fans Under $50
There are a few limited choices of ceiling fans that you can pick up for less than $50. These are ideal if you are on a strict budget. Now they will not have all the bells and whistles when it comes to tons of features, but they are a good basic choice for many people.
After a lot of searching around we found what we believe to be the four best ceiling fans for less than $50. We have listed those below by showing the highest rated first. You will see a number in brackets beside each product name. That number refers to the average online buyer satisfaction rating, scored out of 100%
- 28" Inch 110V AC electric Ceiling Fan Energy Saving Indoor Ceiling Fan (88%)
- Prominence Home 41530-01 Hero 28" Hugger Small Ceiling Fan (82%)
- Harbor Breeze Armitage 42-in White Indoor Flush Mount Ceiling Fan (82%)
- Latex BRC30WW6L Vortex 30-Inch Ceiling Fan (80%)
No 1 Choice - 28" Inch 110V AC Electric Ceiling Fan
- This fan does cool well and it is relatively quiet
- The blade size is 28"
- It can fit flush to the ceiling and is ideal for use in bedroom and living room
- Buyers said this one is great to use outside in a gazebo or in a garage or front porch
- Buyers said this was easy to install, great for low ceilings and quiet
- The limitations are that it is one speed, and works off a pull cord
No 2 Choice - Prominence Home 41530-01 Hero 28" Hugger Small Ceiling Fan
- This comes in a white finish and is a 5 blade fan
- The blades are reversible, whit on one side and white oak on the other
- It comes with a school house style globe light which uses LED bulbs and are supplied
- This fan offers 3 speeds
- It also has a reversible motor that can be run in reverse in the winter to aid in rotating warm air in the room.
- It has pull chains for "on and off" adjustments but this fan is also conveniently compatible with universal ceiling fan remotes.
No 3 Choice - 28" Harbor Breeze Armitage 42-in White Indoor Flush Mount Ceiling Fan
- This is a ceiling fan with 4 reversible blades in white/blonde finish
- It comes with a traditional light kit with globe-style shade which comes with a 6.5W LED bulb
- This is classed as a 42-in fan which is ideal for small to medium sized rooms
- There are 3 speed settings
- Does have reversible air flow
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor
No 4 Choice - Latex BRC30WW6L Vortex 30-Inch Ceiling Fan
- This is a 30" fan and is designed for large indoor rooms, but please note it is flush mount only
- This is a 6 blade fan
- Comes with white or white wood grain effect reversible blades
- Buyers said that this is a quiet fan which is wobble free
- It has a light with opal mushroom glass
- It comes with a 15 year limited warranty
Tips for Buying a Cheap Ceiling Fan
Just below we have offered a few useful buying tips for buying a cheap ceiling fan. We hope that you find them useful.
Tip 1 - Ceiling Fan Blade Sizes
The blade size is the key thing to understand when it comes to buying a ceiling fan. In the simplest of terms, the larger the blade, the more air flow can be generated, and the faster the fan will be able to cool the room. Ceiling fans have blades classed in the following sizes:
- 36" and under
- 65" and larger
The 52" size is the most popular as it does a great job at quickly cooling most rooms. For cheaper bedroom fans you will find that they are usually around 30" and that is good enough for most bedrooms and smaller to medium sized rooms.
Tip 2 - Reversible Blades
Most ceiling fans come with what are called reversible blades. That simply means that one side will have a certain color, and when you look at the other side, there is a different color. That of course offers you two choice to help match the decor of your room.
if that is important to you, then make sure the fan offers that feature.
Tip 3 - Reversible Motor
When people buy a ceiling fan it is with the intention of cooling the room down. If your fan has a reversible motor, then it can also be useful in the winter and colder months. When the reverse feature is activated it will pull the hot air from the room upwards and circulate that air.
Hopefully we have helped identify some of the best cheap ceiling fans on the market. If you want to see the full list of ceiling fans available, then you can check out our top 10 list of ceiling fan reviews by clicking here.
It is hard to find good quality ceiling fans at a low price, and they are limited in number. However the four on our list get good ratings from real life buyers, so may suit your own needs really well.