Best Mini Dehumidifier Reviews
The single purpose of a mini dehumidifier is to absorb moisture from small enclosed areas. The good news is that these small appliances are fairly inexpensive ranging around $30-60. Many people use them to protect clothes and other valuables from things like mold, mildew and dampness.
They are also very effective in helping allergy sufferers breathe more easily. They are perfect for nurseries, small bedrooms, closets or even under the sink. Some people also use these in smaller garages and garden sheds.
The place that most people use them for is in the bathroom. If you don't have a bath exhaust fan fitted, then these mini dehumidifiers can make a lot of difference.
Some of them don't need power or indeed batteries to operate as all you need to do is hang them up in the enclosed space and they automatically start to absorb any moisture that is present.
Crystal Mini Dehumidifiers
Typically most of these use crystals to absorb the moisture and these will need replaced when the color of the crystals change. You will be able to observe this by looking through a transparent indicator window.
The amount of moisture absorbed varies from appliance to appliance but the average is in and around 6 ounces of moisture so a typical unit will last without the need to change the crystals for about 4-8 weeks depending of course on the amount of moisture present.
Non Crystal Type Dehumidifiers
There are however some mini dehumidifiers that work in a similar method to the traditional dehumidifier in that they have tanks to collect the moisture rather than crystals. some of these use thermo-electric technology to power themselves but this does mean they are very quiet, in fact, almost silent.
With these you do need to be certain that there is an automatic cut-off feature. This will ensure that when the tank fills with moisture the appliance will shut down until it gets emptied. You do not want to take the risk of forgetting to do this and creating a mini flood in an enclosed space. If it does have tis feature then it should also have a warning indicator light to draw your attention to the fact that the water tank needs to be emptied.
The most popular brands for these mini dehumidifiers are Eva-dry, Sunpentown, Bionaire, Amcor and Maxxdry. All of them get decent reviews and ratings but by far the most popular brand in the market at the moment id the Eva-dry. They have a very good reputation and they also provide a good customer service.
Top 5 List of Highest Rated Mini Dehumidifiers
Below you will find a list of the best 5 available on the market right now. We have sorted these by the highest average rating which has been left by customers who have bought and used these products. They have then taken the time to write a review, so at least you have the right type of buying information to consider.
- Afloia Portable Dehumidifier (92%)
- SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier (86%)
- Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier (84%)
- New and Improved Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier (82%)
- hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier (76%)
No 1 Choice - Afloia Portable Dehumidifier Review
- This mini dehumidifier is designed to be used in the bathroom or a bedroom
- It is very quiet so ideal for sound sleeping, and also ideal for small rooms and poorly ventilated areas
- The maximum capability of water tank is 500 ml (16 oz)
- It can absorb up to 250±50 ml moisture a day
- It will automatically shut off when the maximum capacity is reached with an indicator light
- Ideal for your bathroom, kitchen, small room, grow room, storage room and RV
- It has a simple one-button control
No 2 Choice - SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier Review
- This is a small and compact dehumidifier with a 16 ounces/ 500 ml capacity tank
- It can extract up to 9 ounces/ 250 ml daily in enclosed and small rooms and spaces
- It will shut-off automatically when full water
- An Led will turn red when the water tank needs draining
- This dehumidifier operates without a compressor meaning whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices
- The optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F
- Has a one year's warranty
No 3 Choice - Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier Review
- This is a compact and lightweight mini dehumidifier
- It is capable of removing up to 18 ounces of water per day
- The humidifier has a 52-ounce water tank capacity - that makes it ideal for rooms up to 2200 cubic feet
- When the tank gets full, this model will automatically shut off and the LED light will come on
- It is quiet so suitable for bedrooms, bathrooms and offices
- Please note for all mini dehumidifiers, the optimal operating temperature is 59-86F. It will not work below 41F
No 4 Choice - New and Improved Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier Review
- This mini dehumidifier was the best seller for many years
- It had some complaints so the manufacturer has updated and improved this model, hence its name
- It is spill free, non-toxic, and child and pet safe
- This unit lasts 20-30 days before renewing
- Capacity 4 oz – 6 oz
- It is effective up to 333 cubic feet, requires no batteries or cords for use
- Works up to ten years
- 100% renewable
No 5 Choice - hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier Review
- This is a small and compact dehumidifier
- It has a 16 ounce / 500 ml capacity tank which can extract up to 9 ounces / 250 ml of moisture per day
- Has an efficient 25W ETL certified adapter to prevent overheating for safer use
- This will shut off automatically and triggers an LED indicator light when the tank is full
- sUITABLE FOR closets, bathrooms, showers, gun safes and more
- Ideal for smaller rooms up to 150 square feet
- Measures 6.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches