Best Industrial Pedestal Fan
Thanks for taking the time to read our reviews on the best pedestal industrial fans. If you are buying a pedestal fan, that is suitable for a workplace, or a commercial business, then you will need to consider the differences between a pedestal fan that you would use in the home, and the one that you will need in a typical business or an office.
The typical pedestal fan is a pretty basic piece of equipment. It plugs into an electrical socket and can then be powered up with a simple on/off button. That electrical lead is then connected to a motor. The motor then turns a set of blades and that action then helps cool down the room.
Pedestal fans then have different features, and it is the range of those features that will make this type of fan slightly different to each other. What is more important though is the quality of the parts, and especially of those parts which move around.
What Makes a Good Industrial Pedestal Fan?
The simple answer is really metal parts instead of plastic parts that will wear down very quickly. That is the most important thing in terms of durability and long lasting performance. However, there is more to it than just that. Below we have included what we believe to be the very important things to consider.
Safety Issues at the Workplace
At home a normal pedestal fan is well made and is safe enough for home use. For an industrial fan though, employers are also responsible for the safety of their employees and also for the general public visiting their premises.
So while a plastic blade guard is fine for home use, in a workplace it is always better to have a stronger metal guard around the spinning blades. That is especially true if the blades spinning around are also made of metal.
You also have to be more careful with the quality of the electric leads and especially with trailing leads.
At home you may turn your pedestal fan on at certain times to cool a room down, and then lower it to help keep the room cool. In a workplace or in an industrial situation, it is more likely that this will get switched on regularly and left on for a great deal longer.
This could quite literally be for hours at a time. That is where the quality of the parts is vitally important. A normal pedestal fan used at home could never hold out to the amount of use it will get in most industrial situations.
Most pedestal fans have a heavy base into which the pedestal is located. They are again generally speaking pretty hard to knock over. However that can be done accidentally by something like an over active dog or child around the home. Industrial pedestal fans are even more likely to be bumped into depending on the actual workplace activity.
For sure you will want an industrial pedestal fan with a heavy base, that will be close to impossible to push over and cause a potential injury.
Top 5 Industrial Pedestal Fans
- Global Industrial T9F585279 Oscillating Pedestal Fan (94%)
- Sarki Air Circulator Fan, 3D Oscillating Pedestal Fan with 3 Modes (88%)
- ATD Tools 30330 30 Inch Pedestal Fan (84%)
- Gizmo Supply 20IN Oscillating Pedestal Industrial Fan (80%)
- Air King 9420 20-Inch Industrial Grade Pedestal Fan (75%)
No 1 Choice - Global Industrial T9F585279 Oscillating Pedestal Fan
- This is a 24" diameter pedestal fan
- It has 1/4 HP of power
- Can clear 7525 CFM
- Has a ball bearing motor that allows 90 degree oscillating sweep
- Has a pivot action fan head that allows vertical airflow adjustments
- It also has a hand screw knob which allows tool free height adjustments
- Comes with a wire safety guard, an 18'L power cord and a 3-conductor plug
No 2 Choice - Sarki Air Circulator Fan, 3D Oscillating Pedestal Fan with 3 Modes
- This fan is very different to many other pedestal fans
- It uses a vortex action to circulate all the air in the room
- This has a 3D Oscillation Function which offers automatically vertical 60° and horizontal 90°oscillation
- Has a touch panel integrated with on/off switch, 4 speeds, 3 modes, 7 hour timer and oscillation control; or you can use the remote control
- Comes with a lifetime warranty and they will return or refund for any reason within 3 months, exchange or replacement for any quality issue within 3 year, and lifetime for repairing and technical support.
No 3 Choice - ATD Tools 30330 30 Inch Pedestal Fan
- This has a 3 speed energy efficient motor
- It comes with built in overheat protection safety feature
- This fan has a tubular steel stand with round base that needs only limited floor space
- The fan comes with a black powder coating which helps make the fan more durable
- The blades are made from aluminum
- There is a three-speed pull switch
- You can adjust the height 63-3/4 to 75-5/8
- It alos has base wheels for increased mobility
- It comes with a one year limited warranty
No 4 Choice - Gizmo Supply 20IN Oscillating Pedestal Industrial Fan
- This is a 20" Pedestal Fan
- It can oscillate
- It has a 3 speed motor
- Has a capacity of 4200 CFM
- It has 5 aluminum Fan Blades
- It also has a 6' UL Listed Cord
- Easy to assemble and also has wheels to help move it around
No 5 Choice - Air King 9420 20-Inch Industrial Grade Pedestal Fan
- This is a 20-inch pedestal fan ideal for any industrial space that needs powerful air circulation
- It is made of powder coated steel for long-lasting durability
- This is a powerful 1/6-horsepower, fully enclosed, with a permanently lubricated motor
- It also has a 9 foot 3 conductor SJT type power cord
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
As you can see industrial pedestal fans are a different breed of pedestal fan. They are better made, are very high quality and of course as you would expect, these are more expensive. If these are not for you, then you can check out the top 10 list of pedestal fans by clicking here.
Industrial fans, even though they are more expensive, are certainly built to last. They are well engineered and they do have all the right safety features that are needed for an industrial location.