Best Industrial Pedestal Fan
Thanks for taking the time to read our reviews on the best pedestal industrial fans. If you are buying a pedestal fan, that is suitable for a workplace, or a commercial business, then you will need to consider the differences between a pedestal fan that you would use in the home, and the one that you will need in a typical business or an office.
The typical pedestal fan is a pretty basic piece of equipment. It plugs into an electrical socket and can then be powered up with a simple on/off button. That electrical lead is then connected to a motor. The motor then turns a set of blades and that action then helps cool down the room.
Pedestal fans then have different features, and it is the range of those features that will make this type of fan slightly different to each other. What is more important though is the quality of the parts, and especially of those parts which move around.
What is the best Industrial Pedestal Fan?
The best industrial pedestal fan is the OEMTOOLS 20 Inch High-Velocity Orbital Pedestal, New Model Commercial Fan. It gets excellent buyer ratings and is a 20" fan that can move 4500 cubic feet of air per minute by using strong aluminum blades and a strong motor.
What Makes a Good Industrial Pedestal Fan?
The simple answer is really metal parts instead of plastic parts that will wear down very quickly. That is the most important thing in terms of durability and long lasting performance. However, there is more to it than just that. Below we have included what we believe to be the very important things to consider.
Safety Issues at the Workplace
At home a normal pedestal fan is well made and is safe enough for home use. For an industrial fan though, employers are also responsible for the safety of their employees and also for the general public visiting their premises.
So while a plastic blade guard is fine for home use, in a workplace it is always better to have a stronger metal guard around the spinning blades. That is especially true if the blades spinning around are also made of metal.
You also have to be more careful with the quality of the electric leads and especially with trailing leads.
At home you may turn your pedestal fan on at certain times to cool a room down, and then lower it to help keep the room cool. In a workplace or in an industrial situation, it is more likely that this will get switched on regularly and left on for a great deal longer.
This could quite literally be for hours at a time. That is where the quality of the parts is vitally important. A normal pedestal fan used at home could never hold out to the amount of use it will get in most industrial situations.
Most pedestal fans have a heavy base into which the pedestal is located. They are again generally speaking pretty hard to knock over. However that can be done accidentally by something like an over active dog or child around the home. Industrial pedestal fans are even more likely to be bumped into depending on the actual workplace activity.
For sure you will want an industrial pedestal fan with a heavy base, that will be close to impossible to push over and cause a potential injury.
Top 5 Industrial Pedestal Fans
No 1 Choice - OEMTOOLS 20 Inch High-Velocity Orbital Pedestal, New Model Commercial Fan
- This is a 20" diameter pedestal fan
- It has strong aluminum blades that provide excellent air circulation for a fan of this size
- It has a 3 speed motor and 360 degrees of movement
- 4500 CFM
- 6 Foot UL Listed Cord
No 2 Choice - Air King 9175 30-Inch Industrial Grade Oscillating Pedestal Fan
- This is a 30-inch pedestal fan ideal for any industrial space that needs powerful air circulation
- It is made of powder-coated steel for long-lasting durability
- Has a 1/3-horsepower, fully enclosed, permanently lubricated motor
- Comes with a 10-foot, 3-conductor type SJT power cord
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- 8780 CFM
No 3 Choice - Lasko 30" Oscillating Industrial Fan
- This is a 30-inch pedestal fan
- It is classed as an industrial-grade pedestal fan for large-scale air circulation
- It has 30-inch metal fan blades; 3 speeds with pull-cord controls
- The height can be adjusted from 64 to 92 inches
- It has a tilt back head; a steel-body construction; sturdy, round base; and a 10-foot cord
- Comes with a 3 prong grounded plug, UL listed.
No 4 Choice - Vie Air Heavy Duty Pedestal Fan
- This is an 18-inch affordable heavy duty pedestal fan ideal for any industrial space that needs powerful air circulation
- This fan has 3 variable settings so that you can control the speed and intensity of the air flow in your space
- The oscillation feature comes in handy
- It is painted so can be wiped clean easily
No 5 Choice - TPI Corporation ACU-30-P Unassembled Industrial Circulator
- This is an 30" industrial pedestal fan
- It is a high end model
- Use a pull chain switch
- Has a steel hub and spider aluminum paddle blades
- It also has coated steel guards
- It is totally enclosed
- Permanent Split Capacitor
As you can see industrial pedestal fans are a different breed of pedestal fan. They are better made, are very high quality and of course as you would expect, these are more expensive. If these are not for you, then you can check out the top 10 list of pedestal fans by clicking here.
Industrial fans, even though they are more expensive, are certainly built to last. They are well engineered and they do have all the right safety features that are needed for an industrial location.